Tuesday 3 February 2015

Motivation Is Vital

Does anyone not know how useful or needed motivation is? I'm pretty sure motivation is a no-brainer topic. However I'm still going to talk about it because it is an important topic and one that needs to be mentioned over and over again.

Motivation is one of the key factors that help an individual perform a task and perform it with passion and enthusiasm. Motivation is the difference between just completing a task and completing it with a degree of professionalism and efficiency. One other important point is that motivation can come from your friends or from observing a stranger doing an activity and have you think "I can do it too". Also, motivation can be achieved once you face competition in a certain task and so you strive to perform better and jump ahead of competition.

The best motivation source I feel is YOU.... That's simply because when your motivation is born from within, you can accomplish anything at anytime without the need for any push or urge from anyone. Plus if you're motivation is dependent on competition, then that means you're competing against others and if there is no competition there is no motivation and thus no improvement. However, if your motivation is self-initiated, you will be technically competing against yourself and jumping ahead of yourself and thus always improving.

One of my experiences I'd like to share is related to motivation. During the last year of university I used to regularly hit the gym. At that time, I used to go with a few gym buddies at instances and alone at other instances. One thing that was different that year was that I had the motivation. I can definitely say that I was more determined, consistent, regular, and could really see good results along with all this. I literally would feel that there was something missing or wrong with my day if I didn't head to exercise. It was especially hard during midterms and finals since I knew studying was a priority but still felt a strong urge to exercise.

There are other areas where motivation could be used. As a matter of fact, motivation can be used in most activities. A simple example would be work. Wearing motivation everyday to work would allow you to be determined to perform your best that day and complete your work efficiently. Besides that, through continuous motivation, you will beat your best efforts and improve time after time.

Note: Please share your motivation stories and comment on how motivation helped you in whatever way! 

No comments:

Post a Comment